Syracuse Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Who do you put your trust in when you go to a hospital? Everyone who goes to a hospital enters with the expectation that they will be given the proper care. From the person who screams them, to the nurses and doctors providing the actual care, as the patient you are placing your life into the hands of people you do not know. When medical providers fail to perform their work under the standard of care, you need a medical malpractice lawyer by your side.
If you believe that you are the victim of medical malpractice, you need a lawyer who is ready to assist you.
There are very few other circumstances when you are expected to trust others completely without ever having any contact with those people. It is this expectation that makes emergency room medicine so vital. You go to them when you need them the most and ask that they give you the proper care will they give you care? Will the person who is saying you have the training necessary to care for your particular problem? Is exactly this dynamic that makes malpractice in the emergency room so important. The expectation is that whatever Dr. or nurse the view will be able to assess your condition and stabilize you to move you on.
Often this is not the case. The doctors and nurses that you place your trust in may not make the perfect decision. It is not to say that the people are not trying to help you, but like all people, they make mistakes too and it is not so much that the person making those decisions may not have been trained, but rather that they cannot recognize what is going on with the patient.
What do you do if you believe you are the victim of medical malpractice?
- Document everything that you can including the names of all healthcare providers.
- You are entitled to record conversations under New York law and if you believe that there was in fact medical malpractice, it can be advantageous to have a recording of a doctor or healthcare provider making statements to you about the healthcare that you received.
- Report the incident to the Department of Health
- Obtain your medical records from all relevant providers
- Contact a medical malpractice lawyer who will be there with you every step of the way.
If you are injured in a hospital, you should seek the advice of an attorney who has experience in medical negligence claims. At the Snyder Law Firm, we make an honest assessment of your case. We do not tell you that your case is worth more than it is to simply sign you.
Common types of malpractice claims
- Performing unnecessary surgery
- Surgical mistakes
- prescribing a patient the wrong medicine
- Making a harmful mistake during surgery
- Failing to take patient comfort into account
- Failing to order appropriate laboratory tests
- Failing to act on laboratory results
- Failing to assess and consider a patient’s history
- Performing a medical procedure without consent
- Infections caused by bad surgical procedures
At the Snyder Law Firm, we are experienced in evaluating hospital negligence cases. Whether the physician treating you failed to diagnose the condition, recommended the proper course of treatment, or was negligent in following up on your care, the Snyder Law Firm will determine if in fact what occurred was malpractice.